Spencer accepts direct access instructions.
Spencer takes a pragmatic and cost-effective approach to dispute resolution and is committed to achieving the best possible result for his clients. He takes care to ensure that his clients are provided with practical and common sense advice aimed at resolving their legal problems as efficiently as possible.
Spencer will help you identify the most cost effective way of dealing with your dispute even if that means advising you to use alternative representation.
Discrimination & Equality Law
Spencer’s discrimination law practice covers discrimination in the provision of goods and services, education and employment. He appears regularly in equality law cases in civil Courts and employment tribunals.
Spencer is a well known discrimination barrister and his expertise in equality and discrimination law has been recognised in all the major legal directories. Chambers and Partners has described his knowledge of disability discrimination law as “second to none.”
Spencer publishes a disability law database here. This contains summaries of many of the disability discrimination cases that have been heard in the higher courts and tribunals since 2010. It also contains articles on disability law written by Spencer for professional journals.
Commercial & Contract Law
Spencer has a busy commercial practice advising and representing clients in a wide range of commercial disputes. He is able to provide a wide range of commercial law services including:
- general commercial contract advice;
- advice on exclusion clauses and the Unfair Contract Terms Act (UCTA);
- shareholder disputes including claims for unfair prejudice;
- disputes relating to senior employees and directors (such as claims relating to breaches of fiduciary duties and unpaid bonuses or commissions);
- injunctions (interim and final), particularly injunctions based on restrictive covenants;
- actions against employees (including breaches of the duty of fidelity and confidentiality).
The legal 500 and Chambers and Partner’s recommend him as a leading junior barrister and describe him as “good at cutting through detail and getting to the core issues” and as “Committed in every way to achieving the best possible result for the client“. Clients have described Mr Keen as “tenacious yet measured in court” and “extremely thorough and knowledgeable”.