The legal 500 and Chambers and Partner’s recommend Spencer as a leading junior barrister and describe him as and as “Committed in every way to achieving the best possible result for the client” and “good at cutting through detail and getting to the core issues”. Clients have described him as “tenacious yet measured in court” and “extremely thorough and knowledgeable”.
Spencer has a busy practice as a commercial barrister, advising and representing clients in a wide range of commercial disputes. He is able to provide a wide range of commercial law services including:
- general commercial contract advice;
- injunctions (interim and final), particularly injunctions based on unlawful competition;
- advice on exclusion clauses and the Unfair Contract Terms Act (UCTA);
- shareholder disputes including claims for unfair prejudice and unlawful distribution;
- disputes relating to senior employees and directors (breaches of fiduciary duties and unpaid bonuses or commissions);
- actions against employees (including breaches of the duty of fidelity and confidentiality).
Discrimination & Equality Law
Spencer’s discrimination law practice covers discrimination in employment and the provisions of goods and services. He appears regularly in equality law matters in both the civil courts and employment tribunals.
Spencer is recognised in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners as a leading discrimination law barrister. Both the legal directories have highlighted his knowledge of disability discrimination law, saying that it is “second to none” and that ‘no one has the same pulse on the button of disability discrimination law.’
Spencer publishes a disability law database here. This contains summaries of many of the disability discrimination cases that have been heard in the higher courts and tribunals since 2010. It also contains articles on disability law written by Spencer for professional journals.
Direct Access / Public Access
Spencer accepts direct access instructions. He takes a pragmatic and cost-effective approach to dispute resolution and is committed to achieving the best possible result for his clients. He takes care to ensure that his clients are provided with practical and common sense advice aimed at resolving their legal problems as efficiently as possible.
Spencer will help you identify the most cost effective way of dealing with your dispute even if that means advising you to use alternative representation.
- Find out about commercial law services – click here.
- Find out about employment law services – click here.
- Find out more about Spencer – click here.
- Look at Spencer’s profile on Old Square’s website – click here.