Spencer is a direct access barrister with experience of providing the highest quality legal advice to both companies and individuals. He undertakes direct access work in the following two forms:
- Licensed Access – This is where companies, firms and other entities instruct a barrister directly. In order to do this the entity has to have a licence from the Bar Council.
- Public Access – This is where a member of the public, company, firm or other entity instructs a barrister directly. In this case the barrister needs to be qualified to accept direct access instructions.
What Services Can a Direct Access Commercial Barrister Provide?
As a direct access commercial barrister Spencer can:
- provide you with expert legal advice;
- draft documents such as contracts and standard terms of business;
- help you draft correspondence;
- help to draft legal documents and formal court documents such as:
- statements from witnesses;
- particulars of claim;
- a defence;
- applications (for example – an application for an injunction, for disclosure or for summary judgment)
- advise you on the most cost effective way of running your case;
- advise you on the steps that need to be taken in proceedings.
You can find out more information about licensed access here : Information about licensed access
You can find our more information about public access here: Information about public access